SGCI STUDENT FELLOWSHIP AWARDSImage credit: Mizin Shin, “How Things Are Made Vol.1” (detail), Installation with woodcut (34″ x 34″ each print). www.mizinshin.com
Student Fellowship Award Guidelines
Each year, SGC International awards two student fellowships; one undergraduate ($500) and one graduate ($1000). Each institution may nominate 1 undergraduate and 1 graduate student. Students may self-nominate, but must have a faculty sponsor who will submit a letter of support (nomination), and must be enrolled at the time of application. Applicants and the faculty sponsor must be SGCI members in good standing.
Fellowship recipients will be awarded their fellowship during the SGCI Awards Ceremony. Award recipients will be afforded all possible opportunities to be listed in conference/council publications and on the website. At the conclusion of the fellowship year, recipients will need to provide the SGCI Archives with digital documentation of the work produced under the auspices of this fellowship. SGC International will also make every effort to present fellowship recipients’ work at the following year’s conference, however this may not always be possible and will depend upon the resources available to the conference planners in any particular year.
The deadline for submission of nominees is December 15 of the year immediately preceding the conference for which the individual is nominated to receive the award (i.e. December 15, 2019 for fellowships to be awarded at the 2020 conference).
Deadline December 15
To apply, upload the following files through the forms below:
1) Applicant Info in a multi-page PDF file:
- Name and email address
- 8 images (1 per page). Label each image with your name, title, media, size and date
- Proposal (maximum 1000 words) outlining the project that the fellowship will be used for. This should include an abstract, methodology, timeline and budget.
- Name the PDF with the following format: SGCI_lastname_firstname.PDF
- Please limit the PDF to 2 MBs.
2) Support Letter
- A one-page letter of support from a faculty member
- Name the PDF with the following format: SGCI_studentlastname_studentfirstname_nomination.PDF
- Please limit the PDF to 2 MBs
Applications without a support letter will not be reviewed.
This application cycle is now closed! Please check back sooon for the next cycle.