You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience and security.
International Juried Art Exhibition NYC
September 22, 2017 – October 22, 2017
This is an open call to artists for an exhibition of prints at Site:Brooklyn.
This exhibition will reflect the ambitious, innovative and contemporary in printmaking today. Highlighting traditional printmaking processes in any combination of serigraphy, letterpress, collagraphy, etching, woodcut, lithography, linocut, drypoint, mezzotint, monoprint and solar plates. Digital and photographic elements may be used only as a supporting element.
ABOUT THE JUROR:
We are fortunate to have the highly respected Marina Ancona as the juror. Master Printer Marina Ancona founded 10 Grand Press, an independent print shop that specializes in fine art printing processes and techniques located in Brooklyn, New York and an additional location Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Marina Ancona’s publishing and collaborative projects have been exhibited internationally, including the Guggenheim Museum, Museum of Modern Art, Whitney Museum of American Art, Leo Koenig Gallery, Art in General, and Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, Institute of Contemporary Art. She has conducted lectures and workshops at Bard College, Sarah Lawrence College, SUNY Purchase, and Pratt Institute, Park Avenue Armory Print Fair, among other institutions. Ancona has collaborated with a range of artists, such as Nicole Eisenman, Jose Maria Sicilia, Jeff Gibson, Karen Heagle, Nicola Lopez, Carrie Moyer, Emily Roysdon, Angela Dufresne, and Harmony Hammond and more.
Before opening 10 Grand Press, Marina Ancona worked in print shops in Santa Fe, Paris, and New York. She has studied at the Boston Museum School and taken master classes with Helen Frankenthaler, Ken Noland, and Susan Rothenberg at the Santa Fe Institute of Fine Arts.
Site:Brooklyn is a gallery dedicated to exhibiting the current practice of contemporary artists.
CALL TO ARTISTS FOR SUBMISSIONS:
Call Announcement Date: May 25, 2017
Final Submission Deadline: August 10, 2017
Notification Letter Date: August 17, 2017
Gallery Exhibition Dates: September 22 – October 22, 2017
Opening Reception: Friday September 22, 2017 from 6-9PM
ELIGIBILITY: This call for submission is open to all artists 18 years of age or older. This is a juried exhibition for artists working in printmaking.
JURYING: Entries that differ significantly from their digital images may be rejected. The decision of the judges, are final.
SUBMISSIONS AND FEES: Only original works may be submitted. The fee is $35. The fee is for up to three (3) images, plus $10 for each additional image.
A completed application consists of the following information and files: Name, contact information, Images,
Text descriptors for each image must include Title, Year Completed, Medium & Dimensions
All entries must be registered/received by midnight August 10, 2017 MST
All entry fees are non-refundable.
DIRECTIONS FOR ONLINE SUBMISSION:
ACCEPTANCE: Notification of acceptance of work will be made via e-mail by August 17, 2017. A return confirmation of participation is required by August 23, 2017 to hold a spot in the exhibition.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTED WORK:
1. Maximum Size: 48” X 60” X 4” D
2. All work must be suitably framed to a professional standard. No clip frames, saw-tooth hangers or taped edges. All framed conventional work must use Plexiglas, except hand-delivered work less than 24” x 30”. Canvases may have neat gallery wrapped edges.
3. Work must be wired and ready for hanging. A label must be affixed to the back of the work that indicates which end is the top and includes the following: Artist Name, Title, Medium, Dimensions, and Price. This information must correspond with the Accepted image as listed on Notification form. No artwork may be substituted.
4. All artwork must be priced for sale.
5. Work cannot be withdrawn, nor sales shipped, before the end of the exhibit.
DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED WORK:
1. All Shipped Artwork must arrive at the gallery between September 5 through 15, 2016. Shipping address is Site:Brooklyn 165 7th Street, Brooklyn, New York 11215 (UPS and Fedex are our preferred carriers). The artist assumes all responsibility for insuring artwork against shipping damage or loss. Artists will be responsible for delivery and return shipping of all their artwork. All work must be gallery ready for installation.
2. Work can be hand delivered to Site:Brooklyn 165 7th Street, Brooklyn, New York 11215 by artist or artist’s agent on Sunday September 17 & Monday September 18, from 12:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. Hand-delivered works must be removed by artist or artist’s agent. – see paragraph on Hand Removal below.
RETURN: – Shipped work must be packaged in a reusable container. A prepaid label for its return must be enclosed. Shipping address Site:Brooklyn 165 7th Street Brooklyn, NY 11215. The gallery accepts no responsibility damages in shipping or work left in the gallery after pick up date.
HAND REMOVAL: Hand-delivered artwork must be removed by the artist, or artist’s agent, on Monday, October 23rd and Tuesday, October 24th 12:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. Any work not removed during this specified time will be stored for a month at the rate of $5.00 a day and disposed of in accordance with NYS law.
LATE ARRIVAL AND RETURNS: Site:Brooklyn reserves the right to reject and return work that is late.
LIABILITY: Site:Brooklyn is not responsible for any damage, breakage, replacement or cost associated with any damage or breakage that may have occurred during transport or unpacking. Every precaution will be taken in handling the entries, but Site:Brooklyn assumes no liability for any loss or damage to any artist’s work while in our care, custody or control, before, during or after the exhibition. Each artist, if they wish, needs to provide their own insurance.
SALES, COMMISSIONS: Site:Brooklyn will retain a 40% commission on all exhibition sales. The price represented on the artist entry form will be the sale price. No changes will be allowed. Sold works will remain until the end of the exhibition
USE OF IMAGES: Any image submitted may be used for marketing and promotional purposes directly related to this show. This use may include publication in any publications, printed materials, advertisements, or electronic media. Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist.
CONTACT/QUESTIONS: Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
ENTRY AGREEMENT: With the submission of artwork into the “3rd Annual Hand Pulled Prints” Exhibition, the artist agrees to all the terms and conditions set forth in this prospectus.