Seeking a well-organized and highly motivated Studio Assistant to plan, execute, and supervise the production of paintings, drawings, storyboards, and animations. Candidate should be naturally interested in drawing, enjoy experimentation in different styles and techniques, and be familiar with digital tools, especially Photoshop. Must be willing to self-manage day to day, pursue independent research, and be excited to explore the use of new tools in novel ways. Under the supervision of the Studio Manager, the Studio Assistant must be able to follow the production calendar respecting datelines, keep a clear log of the expenses for each project, and manage the day-to-day requirements of the studio.
• A background in Illustration, Animation, or Fine-Art with an emphasis on drawing.
• Must be highly organized and flexible with responsibilities and the changing needs of a given project.
• Good communication skills and and a capacity for teamwork.
• Fluency with Adobe Photoshop is a must. • Experience with any of digital production tools in print, video, or sound—such as large format printing, Indesign, Illustrator, After Effects, Sketchup, Premiere, or Pro Tools—would be a plus.
• Planning and executing prints and drawings in multiple media.
• Aiding in the production of storyboards and animatics.
• Organising the daily needs of the studio: purchasing supplies, supervising interns with the help of the Studio Manager.
• Packing and Shipping of artworks. Cataloguing and archiving visual materials.
• Carrying out independent research.
Long term applicants desired. Salary to be commensurate with experience. Health and dental insurance included.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please send resume, cover letter, and a PDF of visual works (up to 10 pages) if available. If a reference from working with a previous artist(s) is available, please also send.