CLEMSON UNIVERSITY is seeking a full time tenure-track position in Printmaking at the rank of Assistant Professor. Salary commensurate with experience. Starting date is August 15, 2015. MFA with emphasis in Printmaking. Two to three years of professional or university teaching experience beyond graduate school. Applicant must have an active professional exhibition record demonstrating regional and national recognition. The primary responsibility of this Printmaking Position involves the creation and implementation of Printmaking curriculum from undergraduate through graduate instruction. Must possess robust knowledge of technique, theory, and history of Printmaking, as well as full knowledge of current health and safety practices. The ideal candidate would demonstrate through their portfolio and CV that they are conversant in both traditional and contemporary practices in Art and Printmaking. A continued intensive creative/research agenda in one’s discipline, projected towards a national level along with service to the department, college, and university community is expected. Competence in professional print production, emerging technical and digital applications and an interest in collaborating with other disciplines would be a benefit.
Review of applications will begin January 4, 2015, and will continue until position is filled. Interviews at CAA may be considered.
Candidates should submit:
• a letter of application;
• curriculum vitae (CV);
• artist statement;
• statement of teaching philosophy;
• evidence of research/creative activity o digital portfolio of 20-30 examples of own work) and
• documentation of students’ work on a CD – Submit digital portfolio and student work in two single PDFs, each at 150 dpi, high quality, approximately 20 MB. Title PDFs as Lastname_Firstname_Portfolio and Lastname_Firstname_StudentWork. * DO NOT USE ADHESIVE LABELS ON CDS;
• corresponding image list with title, dimensions, media and year;
• contact information for three letters of recommendation and
Please submit materials to:
Professor Kathleen Thum
Printmaking Search Committee Chair
Department of Art
Clemson. SC 29634-0509