Dieu Donné is seeking a part-time studio assistant to support our two Studio Collaborators in our creative papermaking studios. With our move to the Brooklyn Navy Yard, we have expanded our art and education programs, adding a “key holder”studio for independent artist’s work and an education studio for student workshops.
Dieu Donné is a leading non-profit organization dedicated to serving established and emerging artists through the collaborative creation of contemporary art using the process of hand papermaking.
Studio Program Responsibilities:
• Communicate with studio artists and clients, and respond to inquiries
• Assist Studio Collaborators with professional artistic collaborations, and other tasks as assigned
• Manage studio schedule, maintenance and supply needs, and studio invoicing
• Lead artist initiation sessions, providing basic training in papermaking techniques and use of studio to a wide range of artists
• Consult and collaborate with “key holder” artists, providing technical and creative support
Education Program Responsibilities:
• Coordinate outreach, marketing, and scheduling of workshops
• Develop relationships and build partnerships for the organization’s education programs
• Lead creative papermaking workshops for students of all ages
• Assist in shaping new creative workshops to address and incorporate existing and new curriculum and program goals.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Art or Arts Education
• Previous papermaking experience in a professional or academic setting; art education experience a plus
• Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
• Efficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
Please send cover letter and resume to: HR@dieudonne.org. Dieu Donné is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.