Durham Press is seeking a full time Fine Art Printer for our studio in Upper Bucks County, PA. Candidates for this position should have experience in printmaking (woodblock, silkscreen, and/or etching) or a closely related field. An interest and understanding of contemporary art, printing, CAD and Illustrator, and/or carpentry/welding is also an asset. This high-paced job requires assisting in the proofing and production of all projects. Candidates should have a positive attitude, great attention to detail, and be able to work efficiently on their own, as well in a team environment.
· College degree and / or a combination of professional experience and education preferred
· Positive and professional attitude
· Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
· Ability to stay focused and composed under pressured situations
· Strong work ethic
· Assist with the production of the entire edition from start to finish – often on multiple projects simultaneously
· Assist preparing and mixing color for all projects
· Maintain daily upkeep of the studio and darkroom
· Maintain all necessary studio supplies and paperwork for each project
· Responsible for following and keeping up with all safety procedures in the studio
The position is Monday through Friday from 8am – 4:30pm, with occasional late or weekend hours, and includes full time benefits. To be considered, please submit a cover letter, resume, portfolio, and three references to: email@example.com.
We will be conducting interviews with qualified candidates. Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, you will only be contacted if your skills and qualifications meet our needs. Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Durham Press.
Please visit the ‘External Link’ below for more information