•Work closely with faculty in instruction
•Open and close facilities
•Maintain a clean, safe, and professional work environment in all seven rooms
•Instruct and advise students in the proper use of equipment and materials in all areas, and to ensure their health and safety •Oversee work study students
•Maintain equipment and monitor use of material
•Assist in overseeing the print shop office
• Proficiency and competency in the majority of fine art printing processes: lithography, etching, relief, silkscreen.
• Must be comfortable working in a busy shop – should be good natured and helpful.
• Needs to be flexible and willing to learn and adapt to the existing educational environment and its needs and schedule.
• Experience in either a professional or educational shop a plus.
• College degree preferred.
• Ability to work well with others and be helpful to faculty and students.
This is a unionized position. The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Submit application to: Human Resources 30 Cooper Square, 7th Floor New York, NY 10003 Or email to: email@example.com