You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience and security.
Requisition Number: 08866
Location: Rock Creek Campus
Address: 17705 NW Springville Road, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Varies
Position Status: Full-time Faculty, 1.0 FTE, Exempt
Starting Salary Range: Initial Salary Placement up to Step 3 ($55,596) will be based on related experience, per PCC’s collective bargaining agreement. The full salary range for 2016/17 is $51,897/year to $89,991/year
Job Close Date: Apply by November 21, 2016 for best consideration
Are you ready to impact the lives of students? Portland Community College is looking for a Printmaking Instructor in the Art Department at the Rock Creek Campus.
This position will start Fall term 2017 and is eligible for Continuous Appointment upon third year review. Applicants must hold an MFA, have collegiate level teaching experience and be knowledgeable of traditional and contemporary printmaking techniques. Commitment to creative work and exhibition, and a demonstrated ability and desire to work with a diverse student population are also preferred.
The Rock Creek Art Department currently offers classes in Intaglio and Relief printing. The successful candidate will be tasked with growing the Printmaking program in both offerings and enrollment. Course load is nine classes per year and may include Drawing, Design, Digital Foundations or other courses as needed.
Our faculty enjoy an atmosphere of collegiality and sense of belonging that rewards outstanding teaching and fosters active intellectual and creative engagement. PCC is dedicated to attracting and sustaining a diverse cadre of faculty who are, through their teaching and scholarly activities, committed to student success and high-quality academic programs.
PCC serves nearly 90,000 full-time and part-time students, from all walks of life in the Portland area. We are committed to a culture which values human diversity and cultural competency for our students, our employees, and our partners.
Our core themes at PCC are:
* Access and Student Success
* Economic Development and Sustainability
* Quality Education
* Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
If this sounds like a community you would like to be a part of, and an important role that you would like to play for PCC, please review the minimum and preferred qualifications listed below, and apply today! Please be sure to describe how you meet each of these qualifications so that we can get to know you and what you can bring to Portland Community College.
Here is our intended timeline:
– Best Application Consideration Date: November 21, 2016
– Initial Interviews: Week of January 16 or prior
– Finalist (On-Campus) Interviews: Week of February 13, 2017 or prior
PCC offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options; including Health, Dental and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance, Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
– 1 day of sick leave for every 18 days worked (~10 days/year)
– 21 hours of additional personal leave per year
– 4 paid holidays (which occur during the term you are teaching)
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age; plus tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits, please visit http://www.pcc.edu/hr.benefits
PCC Faculty Responsibilities & Duties:
– Instruct students using approved course outcome guides developed by college-wide subject area Faculty; assess student performance in these courses.
– Attend and participate in college-wide, campus/center division, department, and program meetings and activities.
– Serve on Subject Area Curriculum Committees and/or such other College committees as may be assigned.
– Assist in the recruitment of students.
– Provide registration, advising, and guidance assistance to students.
– Provide professional assistance to staff and students.
– Provide information and assistance on College operations as may be requested.
– Compile and/or research data as may be assigned.
– Provide services to students in a manner which does not discriminate as to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual preference or marital status.
– Remain current in the field through a variety of professional development activities.
– Maintain College safety standards in their work areas; ensure that students are trained in good safety practices; and make reasonable efforts to ensure that students follow good safety practices.
– Comply with published College Policies and Procedures.
– Perform other related duties as provided in Faculty Agreement.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:
– Master of Fine Arts Degree in Visual or Studio Art
Note to Applicants:
– Instructors shall have earned required academic credentials at a regionally accredited institution.
– Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
Please summarize your experience with the following qualifications to demonstrate how you will be successful in this important role
– Demonstrated knowledge of traditional printmaking techniques (Intaglio, Relief, Silkscreen and Lithography).
– Familiarity with digital media, including Adobe Creative Suite.
– Collegiate level studio art teaching experience.
– Experience in teaching, collaborating and mentoring diverse student populations, and working in multicultural and inclusive settings.
– Able to work effectively with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds; and commitment to service work within the department and the college.
– Experienced in creating an environment that acknowledges, encourages, and celebrates differences.
– Experienced in functioning and communicating effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities, and cultural backgrounds.
– Familiarity with student-centered pedagogical practices.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must:
1) Complete the online application
Be sure to indicate clearly how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications in the employment history to ensure this experience is taken into consideration.
2) Attach* a Cover Letter
In 1-2 pages, state specifically how you meet each of the qualifications for the position (minimum and preferred qualifications).
3) Attach* Current Resume/Vita
4) Attach* Unofficial Transcripts for each of your degrees (Includes current PCC employees).
Transcripts need to include the Title of the degree earned and the Date that the degree was conferred and the Name of the Institution.
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either “Microsoft Word” or “.pdf” formats.
Note to Applicants:
– All transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. are required to include an evaluation by a U.S. credential evaluation agency (copy and paste the link http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html into another browser window for specific instructions).
– Applicants Anticipating Degree Completion by September 1, 2017 must supply a letter from his/her university stating the degree title and that the degree will be granted by that date.
Application Review Process:
1) Once the “deadline or best consideration date” has passed, an initial screening will be conducted.
2) If you are selected by the committee for further consideration you may be contacted by email and asked to submit written responses to a set of essay questions. You may have as little as one week to provide the required information.
3) Upon hire the selected candidate will be required to supply OFFICIAL copies of transcripts for all degrees earned.
4) Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
– Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
– As an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.