Marketing and Communications Coordinator/Manager, IPCNY
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator/Manager (title commensurate with experience) will work closely with the Director and all staff to propel IPCNY’s continued growth as the leading non-profit in New York City dedicated to advancing the print field and exploring the print medium as dynamic and relevant to broader artistic and cultural discourse. This position drives strategy for marketing and communications and executes public programming to heighten IPCNY’s external profile, and increase social media, web traffic, media presence, and exhibition and program attendance. Working with a dynamic small staff in an open office environment connected to an exhibition space, the applicant must be a self-starter and a team player. IPCNY is an ambitious, fast-paced environment, and organizes a large program for a small organization. This position is an opportunity for a talented, motivated candidate with the relevant experience and initiative to increase the institution’s presence locally and globally, and anticipate the needs of an expanding non-profit.
– Develop and execute strategy for marketing across different channels, including content for website, social media, e-blasts, and traditional media; and manage related analytics;
– Research and identify new opportunities to promote IPCNY and build relationships with media outlets, press, and influencers; develop targeted press events; write and execute pitches and press releases; supervise freelance photographer/videographer and an intern;
– Design and place online and print advertisements and evaluate effectiveness; maintain external listings;
– Advance design and brand strategies for marketing materials and special campaigns, and analyze effectiveness; design and produce IPCNY promotional and membership materials;
– Contribute creatively to devising content for public programs and special events; coordinate logistics for public programs; – Manage and grow IPCNY presence at print and contemporary art fairs;
– Represent IPCNY at relevant art and print world events for networking purposes; – Keep current on emerging trends and technologies. Job requirements:
– Communications, marketing, special events, or public programs background;
– Degree in marketing, communications, arts administration, art history, fine arts, or a related field;
– 2-3 years of relevant professional experience;
– Excellent interpersonal and relationship building/networking skills;
– In-depth knowledge of social media industry;
– Superb written and verbal communications skills;
– Excellent organizational and time management skills, and attention to detail;
– Proactive thinking and ability to work independently, set priorities, follow through, balance multiple tasks, and meet multiple deadlines;
– Collaborative, team-orientated attitude; – Proficiency in Squarespace, Microsoft Office, and familiarity with creative software, including Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and email marketing software;
– Experience behind the camera and editing video a plus;
– Participation in IPCNY and external events, some in the evenings and occasionally on weekends;
– Minimum commitment of 2 years, 3 preferred.
IPCNY (International Print Center New York) is New York’s leading non-profit arts institution dedicated to the print medium. The center is an exhibition space and vibrant hub in Chelsea with an artist-centered and innovative scholarly approach. By balancing its primary activities—guest-curated exhibitions, New Prints program, artist residencies, public programs, pop-up events, and a major annual gala—IPCNY seeks to engage a diverse public in the active, culturally-relevant medium of prints. IPCNY offers an inclusive work environment where staff and interns of different races, ethnicities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socioeconomic backgrounds, abilities, and political affiliation are welcome.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter with two references, with the subject line “Marketing, Communications, and Public Programs Coordinator/Manager”, to firstname.lastname@example.org.