Park Voyagers Teaching Artist | Art Institute of Chicago
The Museum Education Park Voyagers Teaching Artist will lead the Fall 2016 Park Voyagers Program for children and families. Park Voyagers is a free program designed to provide Chicago youth with experiential, educational enrichment in informal settings. The program includes neighborhood-based after-school and evening workshops for children and their families and facilitated museum visits. Activities are targeted towards kids aged 8 – 10, with their parents and siblings.
The Park Voyagers Teaching Artist will lead sessions, including, studio art activities for 4th and 5th grade children, museum field trips, and family workshops and will work with full-time staff, volunteers, and interns as appropriate to carry out programs.
1. Prepare and organize studio supplies for programs, following the lesson plans set up by staff. Set-up and breakdown of program spaces according to plan.
2. Lead activities for target audiences at the museum and at off-site locations all over the city of Chicago, following the project design already established.
3. Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
1. Fine art degree preferred, with some art history or art education and museum background desirable.
2. Experience with and demonstrated ability in working with a diverse public, this includes a broad range of demographics as it pertains to age and cultural background, to provide direct service as part of public programming.
3. Experience interpreting the needs of the public and appropriately responding to those needs both inception and execution of public programs.
4. Flexible schedule.
5. This position requires regular access to reliable transportation, as the program takes place in different communities all over the city of Chicago.. Fine art degree preferred, with some art history or art education and museum background desirable.
Please email cover letter and resume highlighting relevant experience to email@example.com background desirable. includes a broad range of demographics as it pertains to age and cultural background, to provide direct service as part of public programming. needs both inception and execution of public programs.place in different communities all over the city of Chicago.