This position supports the Studio Director by working directly with the facilities and instructors to maintain both the bindery and the print studio for optimal usage and to prepare materials for workshops. This is a non-exempt, part-time, eight-hour per week position to be performed in two four-hour shifts.
· Maintain bindery: Keeping it cleaned and prepared for upcoming classes and events.
· Maintain print studio: Keeping it cleaned and prepared for upcoming classes and events.
· Preparing materials for classes: Working with staff and equipment to prep materials and handouts.
· Address specific studio concerns: i.e. cleaning projects, small repairs, and exhibition assistance.
Studio Support. Ideal for a printer / bookbinder capable of managing an active studio through regular maintenance and problem-solving. Working knowledge of print equipment and bindery equipment helpful. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, and materials used within the studio. Usually works with minimal supervision, conferring with a supervisor on unusual matters. May be assisted by (and at times direct) volunteers in the studio.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
· Generally works without consulting the Studio Director.
· Independent decisions are made daily.
· Typically has no direct reports and does not manage a budget.
Education / Work Experience
Bachelor’s in Book Arts (or similar) and/or 2 yrs work or experience in other studios.
Please submit résumés with a cover letter to email@example.com before November 17, 2017.