You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience and security.
California State University, Fresno
College of Arts and Humanities
Art and Design
Vacancy # 13309
California State University, Fresno is an engaged University. We focus on broadening students’ intellectual horizons, fostering lifelong learning skills, developing the leaders of tomorrow, promoting community involvement, and instilling an appreciation of world cultures. We nurture cultural competence by celebrating the rich diversity of the campus community and welcoming the participation of all. Members of the University community are expected to work effectively with faculty, staff and students from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. For information on the University’s commitment and dedication to creating a university known for its integrity, civility, equity, respect and ethical behavior, please visit:http://www.fresnostate.edu/academics/diversity
The Department of Art and Design in the College of Arts and Humanities at California State University, Fresno invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track, academic-year position as an Assistant Professor of Art in Printmaking. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate students, will conduct scholarly and applied research, and will engage in a variety of service-related activities. Primary teaching responsibilities will be focused in Printmaking, including all levels of courses in Lithography, Intaglio, Relief and Serigraphy. Other requirements of this position include service on department, college and university committees, continued development of the Printmaking Program curriculum, and advising of students at all levels. Supervision and maintenance of the Printmaking Studio (including maintenance of equipment and facilities, and implementation of appropriate health and safety standards) are also required. Outcomes Assessment and Service learning are important components of the university curriculum, and participation in related activities are required.
The Department of Art and Design at California State University, Fresno, was founded in 1918 and continues to maintain a tradition of excellence as one of the leading art and design academic programs available in the California Central Valley. We offer programs of study designed to deepen critical reflection, foster creative expression, to encourage intellectual discovery and cultural awareness while preparing students for careers in the visual arts and design. Programs include: B.A. in Art, B.A. in Interior Design, B.F.A in Graphic Design, B.A. in Art with a Graphic Design Option, Art Minor, Secondary Single Subject Preparation Program in Art, and M.A. in Art.
Required Education: An earned M.F.A. in Studio Art Printmaking from an accredited institution is required for appointment.
1) Demonstrated record of two years (minimum) successful teaching experience at the undergraduate level;
2) Demonstrated expertise in the areas of Lithography, Intaglio, Relief, and Serigraphy;
3) Demonstrated ability to supervise and maintain a printmaking studio;
4) Evidence of an active exhibition record, and;
5) Ability to demonstrate a commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
1) Successful teaching experience at the graduate level;
2) Significant university or college level teaching experience in Printmaking (beyond the 2 years required);
3) Secondary expertise or teaching experience in Drawing;
4) Demonstrable knowledge of both traditional and contemporary printmaking processes, techniques and approaches;
5) Demonstrable ability to implement health and environmentally conscious procedures and studio practices in a printmaking studio; and;
6) History of significant research and relevant professional accomplishment.
Application Procedures: Review of applications will begin November 17, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled. To ensure full consideration, candidates should submit all application materials by January 5, 2018. To apply, candidates must complete an on-line application at (http://jobs.fresnostate.edu) and attach the following:
1) A cover letter specifically addressing each of the Required Experience and Preferred Qualifications;
2) Current curriculum vitae,
3) A statement of Teaching Philosophy;
4) The names and contact information of three professional references, and;
5) A portfolio of 15 images of recent artwork and a portfolio of 15 images of student artwork demonstrating the applicant’s skills and proficiencies related to this position. (Images must be submitted as PDF files&mdash;one PDF file of 15 images of applicant’s recent artwork, not exceeding 8 MB, and a second PDF of student artwork not exceeding 8 MB. Image information, including title, media, dimensions and year completed should be included below each image.)
Finalists will be required to submit the following:
1) Three current letters of recommendation and 2) Official transcripts.
For inquiries, contact: Stephanie J. Ryan, Printmaking Search Committee Chair, California State University, Fresno; Department of Art and Design; 5225 N. Backer Avenue, M/S CA65, Fresno, CA 93740-8001; Phone: 559.278.2117; E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Other: In compliance with the Annual Security Report and Fire Safety Report of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Fresno has made crime-reporting statistics available to applicants, students, and employees on-line athttp://www.fresnostate.edu/police/clery/index.shtml. Print copies are available by request from the Campus Police Department.
A background check (including criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily for this position. An offer of employment may be withdrawn or employment may be terminated based upon the results of the background investigation.
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following web site:http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html.
California State University, Fresno is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.