We nurture gifted artists with developmental disabilities. Our success is due to the chemistry between the Artists and Art Instructors who use their personal art making process to guide our artists through their projects.
We are looking for individuals who:
1. Are technically skilled, but are not completely obsessed with technique
2. Are intuitive, creative, and can think outside the box with printmaking projects
3. Can take initiative with projects
4. Have an extensive portfolio and strong work ethic
5. Love contemporary art and has a strong knowledge of contemporary artists
6. Have patience
7. Love working with people and are comfortable with adults with Developmental Disabilities
The following skills are required:
1. Experience in traditional printmaking techniques including intaglio, relief, screenprint, monotype/monoprint
2. Can operate and maintain an etching press and screenprint exposure unit
3. Can organize and maintain a professional printmaking studio
1. Primary schedule of Monday-Friday: 8:00am – 3:30pm
2. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, vacation, and sick time
3. $12 – $15/hr DOE
4. Freedom to create your own lesson plans
5. The opportunity to assist with curating exhibitions in our Downtown Gallery
6. Opportunities to network within the local art scene
7. A nurturing and creative environment
ECF Art Centers is an adult program of the Exceptional Children’s Foundation, a nonprofit organization founded in 1946 to help children, students and adults with special needs reach their greatest potential. We provide studio space, art supplies and mentorship to artists living with intellectual disabilities. We presently operate four art centers in the greater Los Angeles area. ECF Art Centers staff are tirelessly committed to giving all of our artists the highest level of training and professional representation.
Please go to our website to get know us: WWW.ARTCENTERECF.ORG and our gallery website is: WWW.DACGALLERY.COM
We are a non-profit, but the environment is creative and we allow a lot of freedom with our projects. We are looking for working artists with an extensive portfolio. A primary part of our consideration will be based on your portfolio.
Send your resume, cover letter, and 5-10 images of recent printmaking work to: HR@ecf.net & CRoethlisberger@ecf.net
For large images and portfolios please upload to file share application and share download link or convert to .zip file.
Please do not call. We will contact you if we are interested in interviewing.