Utah State University is seeking a Printmaking Lab Manager that oversees the daily operations, management, and maintenance of the printmaking studio. The Incumbent will ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of the studio and the safe use and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
First review date: June 15
Management/Training Duties 76%
• Oversees and manages the day-to-day technical, educational, and research support activities conducted in the studio; resolves problems and issues as they arise.
• Researches and assists in the purchasing and inventory of supplies for classes, resale, and the materials needed for maintenance of the facility.
• Keeps up to date on technical developments in the field as they relate to the curriculum, technical processes, and materials and equipment including computer hardware and software.
• Trains students on proper use of the equipment, materials, and supplies.
• Responsible for the enforcement of safety standards.
• Responsible for contacting HAZMAT to remove solvents, acid, solvent rags, and any additional hazardous materials.
• Performs routine and preventive maintenance and repair on studio equipment; ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment, materials, and supplies.
• Make sure the Material Safety Data binder in the studio is current and accessible.
• Establishes and maintains policies regarding safe use of the facilities and equipment.
• Supervises student employees
• Works with printmaking faculty in coordinating and facilitating Visiting Artists.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.