MCAD offers a dynamic work environment, a flexible and comprehensive benefit plan including medical, dental and 403(b) pension, generous holiday and vacation time accruals. After 12 months of service, you will receive free MCAD tuition for yourself, your spouse and dependent children, and your dependents may also be eligible for free tuition at over 500 colleges nation-wide.
To apply, email (your cover letter, resume, three professional references) with “Printshop Assistant Search” in the subject line to: email@example.com
Assist the MCAD Printshop and Paper Studio Director by providing administrative, technical and curricular support with day-to-day studio operations, and provide general assistance to MCAD students/faculty/staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Assist Director by staffing the studios during open hours by providing customer service to the MCAD community regarding studio proposals, access, and projects.
2) Assist Director with access list, inventory, recordkeeping, deliveries.
3) Assist Director with check out/tracking of studio tools and equipment.
1) Assist Director by preparing the studio for classes by taking note of faculty syllabi.
2) Assist Director with mixing, preparing, maintaining acids, chemicals, grounds, pulp.
3) Assist Director with test plates and prints for calculating exposure times for studio users.
1) Assist Director with studio upkeep, technical support, and studio building projects.
2) Assist the Director with the needs of studio and fix studio issues as they arise.
3) Assist Director with demonstrating print, paper, book processes as assigned.
4) Assist Director with communicating proper safety procedures by meeting classes and updating MSDS.
1) In the absence of the Director, act as a resource to the MCAD community by providing help and assistance with day-to-day studio operations.
Education: College degree or equivalent coursework BFA in printmaking, papermaking, and bookmaking.
Skills: The ideal candidate has a solid technical background of advanced printmaking, papermaking, and bookmaking Studio experience or coursework in Print, Paper, Book (screenprinting, intaglio, lithography, woodcut, photogravure, papermaking, print installation, print media, bookbinding, letterpress, typesetting). Sculpture and woodworking experience. A detail oriented, critical thinker with an ability to interface with a wide range of people. Administrative support experience. Google Doc’s, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Suite, strong communication, writing, editing skills. Timeliness and the ability to work independently, prioritize job duties, handle multiple tasks, and follow through with project completion.
MFA in Print, Paper, Book. Advanced carpentry skills. Sculpture or furniture design. Mechanical Skills. Graphic design. Social media skills. Previous job experience working in a studio in a higher education or a community printshop. Teaching or teaching assistant experience in studio art.
This position has been identified as security sensitive, and as such will require a background check. At the discretion of the college, various background checks may be done during the course of employment. Valid driver’s license and satisfactory background DMV check required. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.