Re/Considering (In)Humanity/Ies Exhibition Call For Entries
The University of Nevada, Reno, invites creative submissions from graduate students for the sixth annual College of Liberal Arts Graduate Symposium (CLAGS).
This year’s symposium addresses the ways in which the afterlives of humanism (inhuman, post-human, non-human, etc.) variously work to support, complicate, and undermine our understanding of the human: its definition, epistemic function, and ontological underpinning.
We seek submissions that consider, or reconsider, humanity, inhumanity, or the humanities, across a variety of fields. The work can express any aspect from representational to non-representational.
Exhibition Date: 2/15/2016 – 2/27/2016
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm PDT on 12/1/2015
The exhibition will be presented at: Student Galleries South at Jot Travis Building, University of Nevada, Reno. 1164 N Virginia St. Reno, NV – 89503
• Open to all current graduate students enrolled in MFA degree programs in the U.S.
• Works in all media will be considered.
• Size limitation:
o 2D artwork: 60 x 60 inches; total weight not to exceed 50 pounds.
o 3D artwork: 48 x 48 x 48 inches, not to exceed 50 pounds.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS & SUBMISSION
• Each artist can submit up to three (3) pieces. One digital file per piece (images, audio, video, or a combination). The gallery has four flat screen TV and access to some types of video equipment, including a projector.
• Fill out the information sheet at http://goo.gl/forms/mz7xAe3zau AND submit your digital file to firstname.lastname@example.org. All images must be in jpeg format, 300dpi, no smaller than 1920 pixels on the longest side. Digital file size not to exceed 5MB. File name must follow the format as: YourName_Entry#.jpg (e.g. JohnSmith_Entry1.jpg, JohnSmith_Entry2.jpg…)
• In your email submission, please include your NAME, Institution, and Degree program as follow: Exhibition Submission: John Smith, University of ABC, MFA in Studio Art.
• You must also include a 1-paragraph statement describing how each piece fits with the theme in your email submission.
• All artwork must have been created within the past 2 years.
• There is NO FEE to enter this exhibition.
• All accepted work must be ready to hang or display.
• All works on paper must be framed. FLAT D-RING HARDWARE placed 2-4” from top, wire not visible. NO saw-tooth hangers or protruding screw eyes will be accepted. Work must be clean, frames in good condition, use Plexiglas only (no glass).
• All 3D artwork must be stable, not prone to falling, and be ready to display.
• Artwork which requires special installation will not be accepted.
• All accepted artwork is to remain on display for the duration of the exhibition. No artwork is to be removed before the closing of the exhibition on the date indicated above.
• Artwork not adequately prepared will not be accepted into exhibition.
• The artist is responsible for shipping costs both to and from the gallery. Work that arrives with improper return shipping labels will be charged additional cost for return.
• All entries must be delivered to the University of Nevada, Reno by January 15, 2016. Delivery address will be sent with email of notification of acceptance.
• CLAGS will NOT handle sales of works. All sale inquiries will be directed to the artist.
• Work will NOT be insured by CLAGS. Artists are strongly encouraged to insure artworks on their own policies.
Exhibit will be announced via web page, email newsletters to mailing list, and press releases to Reno Area media contacts. A flyer will be generated for participating artists to distribute and will be sent electronically to participating artists (no postcards). CLAGS reserves the right to use submitted images for promotional purposes.
December 1, 2016
All entry materials due to email@example.com
December 7, 2015
Acceptance Notifications emailed
January 15, 2015
Delivery date for accepted work
February 15-February 27, 2016
Exhibition in the Student Galleries South
February 27, 5-7pm
March 7, 2016
Return/pick up artwork
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Please contact Quynh Tran at firstname.lastname@example.org.