Highpoint Center for Printmaking in Minneapolis, Minnesota is seeking a full-time Senior Printer to work with Artistic Director/Master Printer, Senior Printer, and Studio Manager to prepare and execute projects in all areas of Highpoint’s operation. The main emphasis of their job will be the preparation and printing of Highpoint Editions’ visiting artist publications. The Assistant Printer must successfully blend attention to detail, initiative, strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and a high degree of professionalism, while working for a small organization with a wide range of daily activities. Successful applicant will be a dependable, flexible, and organized self-starter and will have grounded knowledge in traditional printmaking processes.
On a daily basis, the Assistant Printer will be expected to:
Work closely with, and take direction from the Senior Printer to help complete Highpoint Editions publications. This will entail:
• Printing, curating, documenting, storing, and shipping of publications at the highest standards;
• The professional preparation of materials such as printing matrices, inks, paper, etc;
• Helping clean, organize, and maintain the professional studio;
• Assisting in the orientation and training of new studio interns;
• Act as a representative of Highpoint and conduct all work relationships in a professional manner.
On a regular basis, the Assistant Printer will be expected to:
• Assist with the day-to-day studio operations of Highpoint Editions
• Assist with other projects as needed
• Assist with special events.