Tenure Track Instructional Faculty – Art (Printmaking Media): California State University, Sacramento
California State University, Sacramento Tenure Track Instructional Faculty – Art (Printmaking Media)
– Teach courses in Printmaking media at all levels from introductory to advanced (freshman to graduate students).
– Develop a printmaking media curriculum.- Teach additional courses in Studio Art, such as Senior Seminar and Graduate Seminar.
– Assist with academic advising, mentoring, and studio program development.
– All Studio Art faculty are expected to maintain an active exhibition record; participate fully in administrative responsibilities for the department including serving on departmental, college, and university committees, outreach, development, and program building; facilitate the integration of the University into the cultural life of the community; and be committed to the cultural enrichment of the Sacramento region.
– MFA in Studio Art (completed by August 2017)
Knowledge and Skills:
– Candidates must demonstrate a respect for the history of printmaking while embracing the visual and conceptual elements of the field through a wide-range of formats and methods, including new technologies (e.g. teaching materials)
– Applicants must demonstrate an awareness of the intersection of printmaking with other visual arts disciplines (e.g. teaching materials).
– Active studio practice and strong exhibition record.
– Studio practice and teaching experience should focus on printmaking media, while demonstrating a strong technical and conceptual grasp of contemporary practice and theory.
– Ability to build critical dialog and promote inventiveness in a studio classroom, or related context.
– Ability to bring a unique set of experiences that expand artistic practices and dialog while contributing to the diversity of the Department and the University.
– Teaching experience in printmaking media at the college level (beyond the TA level).
– Applicants without prior teaching experience beyond the TA level and studio teaching experience other than printmaking media will be considered.
– Experience in teaching diverse populations.
– Equivalent professional printmaking experience will also be considered.
This is a full-time tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor rank beginning with the Fall 2017 semester. Salary is dependent upon qualifications and professional experience.
Applications are expected by January 15, 2017. The position is open until filled.
Applications are only accepted through the Sacramento State jobs website located at http://www.csus.edu/about/employment. Instructions on how to apply can also be found at this link. External applicants can apply by clicking on the Faculty, Staff, and Management Opportunities link. Internal applicants can apply by logging on My Sac State.
Applicants must include the following attachments with the application in a single PDF file:
1. Letter of interest.
2. Current curriculum vitae.
3. Artist statement.
4. Single-page teaching philosophy.
5. The names and contact information of four professional references.
6. Artist website URL (if available).In addition, please submit the following 3 items in the DROPBOX link.
Please email the Art Department at dpt-ART@csus.edu to obtain the DROPBOX LINK. The title of the folder should be: Applicant’s Last name_First name.
1. A detailed image LIST for Items 2 and 3 below. Include title, dimension, material, date of completion, and description of each image
2. 20 IMAGES of artist’s work (each image no larger than 3MB JPEG file and 3000 pixels on longer side), a link to an optional video file (max. 10 min.).
3. 20 IMAGES of student work – if available (each image no larger than 3MB JPEG file and 3000 pixels on longer side), a link to an optional video file (max. 10 min.).
For further information about this vacancy, please contact the Art Department (916-278-6166) or send an email to Professor Rachel Clarke (firstname.lastname@example.org).