Texas State: Assistant Professor in 2D Foundations and 2D Specializations
Position Description: The School of Art and Design at Texas State University is pleased to announce a job search for an Assistant Professor in 2D Foundations and 2D specializations. The teaching load will be approximately 50% in 2D Foundations and 50% at an advanced level that aligns with the research of the faculty member. Areas of specialization/strength include, but are not limited to: painting, drawing, printmaking, expanded media, and design. The ideal applicant must be actively involved in his/her chosen field of research. Texas State University is an emerging research institution located in San Marcos, the greater Austin area.
• Teach 5 courses annually including 2D foundations and an area of specialization relevant to candidate’s research.
• Participate in curriculum development.
• Pursue personal research/creative activity in relevant discipline and build a substantive record of professional/peer recognition.
• Engage in service to the school, college, university, community and profession.
• An MFA degree in studio art (including drawing, painting, printmaking, visual arts), communication design, visual communication, graphic design, interactive design, or related discipline.
• A record of professional accomplishments in research and creative activity with the potential for future success.
• Demonstrated ability to teach 2D Foundation as well as an area of specialization relevant to candidate’s research.
• In-depth knowledge of the history of visual art and contemporary practices in art and culture.
• Strong formal and conceptual skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• 1 or more years of successful university teaching.
• Experience teaching 2D Foundations at the university level.
• Service related activities in undergraduate art or design programs, or professional organizations.
• Successful funding procurement and grant activity.
A complete application will consist of:
1. Letter of application stating how your experience and credentials fulfill the requirements for this position (not to exceed 2 pages).
2. Current curriculum vitae
3. 20 digital files representing your creative work.
4. Digital files of 20 student works created under your direction (required if you have university teaching experience).
5. An annotated list for both personal and student files. For personal work, state title, media and date. For student work, provide course title, media, date and assignment.
6. Statement of teaching philosophy (1 page maximum).
7. Statement addressing your current creative work (1 page maximum).
8. Contact information (email address, phone numbers) for 3 current references.
Search finalist will be asked to provide photocopies of graduate transcripts. The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree granting Universities.
All correspondence regarding the search will be conducted via email. Please send any inquires to email@example.com and include job number in all correspondence.