“Verified by Proof ” is taken from the broadside This is a Printing Office, written by Beatrice Warde in 1932. In a high-speed digital age, the phrase gains importance and embraces the meticulous nature of the hand-pulled print. The Verified by Proof steering committee seeks proposals that engage the message of This is a Printing Office—establishing truth, validation through proof/proofing, and the power of the press—and invites you all to celebrate print and its important role in countering the turbulent culture that we all currently face.
Providence is a city that has historically been a refuge for dissidents and a stronghold in the battle for individual freedoms. It is a city where print is celebrated in all its forms, from conceptual art to communication design. Printmaking often intersects with other media in Providence’s rich artistic community, which is host to a variety of creative spaces ranging from traditional academic settings to community shops and maker/DIY spaces. We encourage proposals that embrace this cross pollination and celebrate the broad scope of printmaking, graphic media, and independent publishing.
Call for Participation:
Round 1 Event Proposals are due June 15th. Round 1 is for members who are interested in leading an event, such as a panel, themed portfolio, demonstration, pop-up exhibition, etc. Find out more about these how events are structured on our Conference FAQ page.
Application forms will be available on our website in mid-May. Visit this page for more details on how the Call for Participation works.
- Mid-April: Abstract and Call for Participation announced
- Mid-May: Online submission forms for Round 1 go live (Inkubators, Panels, Demos, Pop-Up Exhibitions, Themed Portfolios, Mobile Events, Special Events)
- June 15: Round 1: Event Proposals due. Events are juried by the Providence Steering Committee.
- July 1: Acceptances announced
- July 8: Event confirmation from applicant due
- July 15: Round 2: Event Participant Call goes live! (Panel participants, Themed Portfolios participants, Special Event participants). Submit applications through our website.
- August 15: Round 2: Event Participant applications due. Participants selected by Event Organizers.
- September 15: Event Organizers send final list of participants to SGCI