Southern Graphics Council InternationalConnecting artists of original prints, drawings, books, and handmade paper.
Thank you for attending Multiple Layers!
Watch the Keynote from LaToya Hobbs again below.
Join our community!
An SGCI Membership gives access to inspiring dialogue about the making of original prints, drawings, books, and handmade paper. Through our resources, SGCI supports the inquiry, learning, and study of print education from a global perspective.
“SGCI conferences remain, by my estimation, the most incredible way to meet passionate and dedicated people in our field of printmaking.”
–Miranda Metcalf: Director, Curator, and Founder of pine | copper | lime Podcast
• Voting on Board of Directors & organizational decisions
• Apply for Student Fellowships & Sponsored Awards
• Access to Opportunities Page listings: job posts, grants, residencies, etc.
• Create an Online Profile
• Apply to participate in Themed Exchange Portfolios / SGCI Archive
• Submit for SGCI Graduating Class & I’m Searching for Graduate Programs
• Consideration for inclusion in Graphic Impressions, our social media, and special online programming
$15/Year for Students
Tier 1 Benefits +
• Virtual Event attendance
• Present at the conference (run a themed portfolio, panel, demo, etc) either in-person or virtually
• Voting on programming
• Apply to lead or participate in Pop-Up Exhibitions at Conferences, either in-person or virtually
• Discounts at Partner Institutions
$35/Year for students
Tier 2 Benefits +
• In-Person conference attendance
• Opt to participate in conference add-on events such as Open Portfolio / Open Portfolio Exhibitions (at an added fee)
• Participate in Mentoring, either as a mentor or mentee
• Participation in Member Print Exchange / SGCI Archive
Donor Level 2 Patron (Includes Tier 3)
Member donations have been invaluable in helping SGCI weather the COVID-19 pandemic. In recent months, donors and members have helped SGCI plan upcoming online events. And there’s more to come! Please consider a Sustaining or Patron Membership to SGCI to assist the organization with operational costs during this ongoing pandemic, or make a direct donation here. Your donation is tax-deductible.
A Lifetime Membership ensures you never need to renew again!
Tier 3 Benefits +
- 5 student advocate memberships to SGCI and supports your institution’s commitment to SGCI for one year.
- Your institution will be listed as an Institutional Patron on the website along with other colleges and universities that support SGCI through this membership.
View Our Members’ Traveling Exhibition
Heather Parrish, Transverse Atopia
Screenprint, 2017, 22″ x 30″, www.heatherparrish.net