AWAGAMI PAPER AWARD
This award is presented annually to an outstanding student who best demonstrates the use of paper as an integral part of their printed works. The award of 100 sheets of ‘Awagami Editioning’ washi papers will be shipped directly to the winning student by Awagami Papermill in Japan.
To apply, upload the following files through the form:
1) Applicant Info in a multi-page PDF file:
• Name and email address
• 8 images (1 per page). Label each image with your name, title, media, size and date
• Proposal (maximum 1000 words) outlining the project that the fellowship will be used for. This should include an abstract, methodology, timeline and budget.
•Name the PDF with the following format: Awagami_lastname_firstname.PDF
• Please limit the PDF to 2 MBs.
2) Support Letter
• A one-page letter of support from a faculty member
• Name the PDF with the following format: Awagami_studentlastname_studentfirstname_nomination.PDF
• Please limit the PDF to 2 MBs
Applications without a support letter will not be reviewed.
Please check back in the fall for the next cycle’s application form.
2023 Awagami Winner
Our winner for 2023 was Alexis Valgardsson