Greetings, Print Enthusiasts!
The SGCI Board of Directors, our Puertográfico Steering Committee, and our Ad Hoc Committee for Community Exchange would like to share some new opportunities for you to give back to the extended Puerto Rican host community for our 2020 annual conference, help SGCI achieve its aspiration of warmly welcoming Puerto Rican printmakers into our community, and advocate for printmaking. Please join us for this Week of Giving and carry the spirit of generosity ahead as Puertográfico, in San Juan April 1 – 4, 2020, draws closer!
- Book your conference lodging at the Sheraton Puerto Rico to participate in the Stay with SGCI Giveback. If we reach our hotel room block at the Sheraton Puerto Rico, our conference hotel, SGCI pledges to give students who stay at the hotel a $25 refund on their conference registration.
- Donate to the Let’s leave a press in Puerto Rico! By giving through our INDIEGOGO campaign you will help us achieve our goal of purchasing a press for the printshop at Universidad de Puerto Rico – Recinto de Río Piedras. You can also make a donation in any dollar amount here.
- Bring printmaking supplies with you to give to the Puerto Rican printmaking community or offer your assistance though giving your time and skills to assist with technical needs. Visit our sokind registry to find a need that you can fill.
- Tell us about you desire to engage with the Puerto Rican community beyond the conference by filling out our community service form. By doing so you will be able to indicate whether you would like to arrive early or stay late and tell us how you would like to engage with the community.
- Reach our to our Ad Hoc Committee for Community Exchange to join them in their work.
- Contact SGCI to let us know how you would like to volunteer to help with Puertográfico through planning assistance or help at the conference.
- Nominate a printmaker you admire for an SGCI Award!
SGC International is an organization with a professional mission, but I believe one of the great strengths that guides us forward is that we are more like a family. We celebrate, share, plan, collaborate, disagree, grow, and always support each other. I know that many of you share the feeling with me that some of my most valued relationships are friendships made through SGCI and that when I leave our annual gatherings I feel grounded by our camaraderie. As we all begin to gather with friends and family in the coming days to celebrate Thanksgiving, I would like to thank you for everything that you do to make SGCI such an inclusive and inspiring community. Your generosity is never unnoticed!
President, SGC International