Each year, Gamblin presents awards to SGCI members who use their materials in their standard practice. Awards are given in the amount of $150, and are sent in the form of award certificates, either shipped directly to the winners by Gamblin or distributed by SGCI.
This award is presented annually to:
• One undergraduate student SGCI member
• One graduate student SGCI member and
• One emerging artist SGCI member
This Award is Open to:
• Artists who use oil-based ink.
• Artists who reside in the continental US or Puerto Rico.
Deadline December 15, annually
To apply, upload the following files through the form:
1) Applicant Info in a multi-page PDF file:
• Name and email address
• 8 images (1 per page). Label each image with your name, title, media, size and date
• Proposal (maximum 1000 words) outlining the project that the fellowship will be used for. This should include an abstract, methodology, timeline and budget.
•Name the PDF with the following format: Gamblin_lastname_firstname.PDF
• Please limit the PDF to 2 MBs.
2) Support Letter
• A one-page letter of support from a faculty member
• Name the PDF with the following format: Gamblin_studentlastname_studentfirstname_nomination.PDF
• Please limit the PDF to 2 MBs
Applications without a support letter will not be reviewed.
Please check back in the fall for the next cycle’s application form.